What is the minimum down payment on a HomePath Renovation loan? There have been changes to HomePath loans when it comes to the minimum investment. These are all for SFR as multi-units have different guidelines.
- HomePath – 95% for owner occupied; 90% for second homes and 90% for investment properties.
- HomePath Renovation – 95% for owner occupied; 90% for second homes and 85% for investment properties.
- Homestyles (Conventional Renovation) – 95% for owner occupied; 90% for second homes and 80% for investment properties.
- Can HomePath Renovation be used on any REO property? NO. HomePath and HomePath Renovation financing only apply to Fannie Mae foreclosures. To find out if a property is eligible, simple visit www.homepath.com/
to see if the corresponding logo is attached to the property. NOTE – just because a property is listed as “HomePath Renovation” eligible, it does NOT mean that it’s the best product for the home. We evaluate each property and buyer to apply the most suitable finance options since we have 5 different Renovation Loans.
- Can you do structural work when using a FHA 203k mortgage? YES. FHA 203k loans allow for almost any permanent repair or improvement on the home, including razing the home and building a new home from the foundation up. While there are still antiquated guidelines with FHA which limit certain repairs, we generally have a solution for a necessary repair/improvement.